Find yourself in a hurry a lot and need a quick go to meal or snack that packs a nutritious punch?
Then make up a bunch of these easy muffin-sized frittatas, stick them in your freezer and grab 1 or 2 of them as you need, for a super quick and healthy meal!
Perfect for all meals – for example:
- Breaky: just heat 1 or 2 of them up, in the oven or microwave, and have them on their own or with a home-made berry or green smoothie.
- Lunch: Take 1-2 or two of them in your lunch box to school or work. You can have them hot or cold, on their own, with a salad or with ¼ of a cup of cooked black, brown or red rice. You can pre-make rice and freeze serving-sized portions, or you can buy good quality ready to go serves from the supermarket.
- Dinner: Same as lunch have 1-2 frittatas with salad and or ¼ cup of coloured rice or home-made sweet potato and parsnip chunky chips.
- Snack: Grab one on the go, have it hot or cold.
The recipe is below, enjoy 🙂
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1 small zucchini grated
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1 handful of chopped spinach or basil
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- 6 whole organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 100-150g of canned wild red salmon (optional – go vego if you prefer)
- ½ teaspoon of pink salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 60 – 80g of cheese of choice, tasty, goats, parmesan etc.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with a little oil, butter or baking paper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs
- Add the other ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Add ground black pepper and pink salt and any other preferred herbs or chilli flakes if you like
- Pour ¼ to ½ a cup of the egg mixture into each of the twelve muffin cups.
- Bake for about 15-25 minutes (depending on your over, check after 12-15 minutes to make sure the frittatas don’t burn)
- Double the recipe and make more – these freeze really well 🙂