My main services are individual or family nutrition consultations. I see majority of my clients for 3-6 visits depending on their needs and situation, and some clients after their initial few consults I see on an ongoing based every 2-3 months. This really does just depend on the client’s need and wants.
I also offer group presentations on a range of nutrition topics – my favourite being sports nutrition. As a part of this, I organise individual or small group supermarket tours to assist people in decoding the web of nutritional information and marketing fluff that fill the aisles.
For more detailed information on any of my services please have a read below.
Individual nutrition consultations
- Initial consultation (60-80mins)
- 1st return consultations (60mins)
- Standard return consultation (45mins)
What to expect in an initial nutrition consultation?
- In an initial consultation we will address your current health complaints by having an in-depth look at your health history as well as a range of systems in your body such as the digestive, nervous and immune system, and we will of course address your current diet and lifestyle routines. All of the above will assist us in moving forwards and finding the most appropriate health goals for you as an individual.
- Depending on your situation, I may recommend some blood tests or breath tests be undertaken to help determine any underlying heath issues or intolerances that your symptoms point to.
What do return consultations involve?
- Check in to see how your current diet and lifestyle goals are going and if these need adjusting.
- Go through a personalised Foodzone report highlighting any vitamins, minerals or macro nutrients you may be deficient in or have an excessive intake of – these reports are really beneficial for highlighted any further dietary adjustments needed.
- Going through individualised meal plans or meal ideas I have developed for you.
- Going through any blood or breath test results together and then adjusting nutrition and lifestyle treatment goals as necessary – e.g. specialised meal plans or diets, supplements etc.
How many consultations will I need to have?
- This is a very individualised questions and honestly depends on each persons state of health and their goals.
- Most people who are in reasonable health and want to fine tune a few things and get some nutrition education I normal see 3-4 times and then after that they are set with all the tools they need to continue on their own health journey and maybe will check in down the track if they need to reset.
- Individuals with complex health issues or intolerances I tend to see 4-6 times and then if appropriate for the individual we check in every 2 – 3 months after that to ensure everything is kept on track.
- Athletes I tend to see for at least 3-4 sessions, then depending on the individual that maybe enough to keep them on track and reach their performance goals. Other athletes I continue to work with every 2-3 months on an ongoing basis to ensure their nutrition needs are always being meet throughout their ever changing training and event schedule through out the year.
Group Nutrition Presentations
- Presentation length and cost varies.
- I provide presentations to sporting clubs, schools or small businesses.
- I can organise a venue at both of my clinic locations in Hawthorn or Hampton.
- Relevant nutrition notes/information and recipes provided, both in hard copy and online.
- Individual or groups of up to 4 people.
- 60-90min long supermarket tours – cost varies and depends on time, numbers & location.
- You choose your local supermarket that you shop at regularly and I will go shopping with you! I will talk you through the best brands and food options to buy and why, how to read labels and what to avoid.