We can all benefit (particularly now) from increasing foods in our diet that help boost immune function.
Our good gut bacteria makes up close to 70% of our immune system, and includes many different strains that are fed and strengthened by different coloured fibre rich foods:
- Orange foods – sweet potato, carrots, apricots, orange lentils, pumpkin
- Brown foods – mushrooms, brown lentils, almonds with skin on, chickpeas
- White foods – garlic, onion, cooked and cooled white potatoes, traditional rolled oats
- Green foods – brussle sprouts, asparagus, celery, green leafy veg
- Red foods – raspberries, tomato, strawberries, cherries, red kidney beans