I love muffins, I always have but most muffins don’t offer many nutritional benefits and I am always hungry again 30 minutes after eating them!
This is why I love this Blueberry and Flaxseed muffin recipe, it is super filling, tastes great, really easy to make and is packed with heaps of nutrients. They are high in fibre, omega 3’s and a range of healthy fats, antioxidants and protein and it is wheat free and low in sugar!
During the winter months these muffins are one of my staple comfort foods! There is nothing more enjoyable for me then relaxing during my break on a cold rainy day with a hot cup of herbal tea and a warm blueberry and flaxseed muffin. I find they are best enjoyed warm and with a spread of organic butter!
These muffins are a great morning or afternoon snack or a healthy quick breakfast option when you are in a hurry, they are also a great energy dense easily digestible snack to have before or after sports training!
Blueberry and Flaxseed Muffin Recipe:
- 1/4 cup of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of fresh or frozen organic blueberries
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoon of organic cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (at liquid)
- 2 free-range/ organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey or pure maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl
- Cook mixture in oiled muffin trays on medium heat for 15 minutes or until cooked
- For extra sweetness can add 1 ripe mashed banana into the recipe and or 2 tablespoons of organic dark chocolate chips.
- Make a couple of batches and store in the freezer pull them out and heat them up whenever you are craving a treat!