Healthy Oat Pancakes that the whole family will love!
Who doesn’t love pancakes for breakfast? Want to be able to eat pancakes that taste delicious but are also nutritious? Look no further than this super easy, quick and healthy pancake recipe that I absolutely love!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ a cup of rolled oats
- 1-2 teaspoons of organic cinnamon and/or nutmeg
- ½ a teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of pink sea salt
- If you want an extra hit of protein you can always add 1-2 tablespoons of good quality raw protein powder (this is optional) – my favourite is Jimmy Blacks Raw Black Bean Protein Powder.
If you find the pancake consistency is too thick just add a dash of water or another egg until you reach the consistency you like.
- Place all ingredients into a blender, I tend to put chopped bananas in first then follow with eggs and then all the other ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients for a couple of minutes, or until smooth.
- Let mixture sit for a couple of minutes to thicken.
- Cook batter with organic coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Makes 4-5 medium sized pancakes – for more, just double the recipe.
Serve with organic natural yoghurt or coconut yoghurt, organic berries (fresh or frozen), pure maple syrup or raw honey, chopped raw nuts such as almonds or walnuts, and a sprinkle of chia seeds. Enjoy!!
A good quality organic natural dairy yoghurt brand is Barambah Natural or Greek Yoghurt.
A delicious dairy free coconut yoghurt option is Pure n Free.
Hope you all enjoy these pancakes as much as I do!